NOTE: You should NOT create a Cane ID if you already have one. You should NOT create a Cane ID on your own. Only create a CaneID, using the instructions below, if you do not already have a Cane ID, and you have been directed to get one by the coordinator of your program.
CaneID Creation Instructions:
- Go the this Link: caneid.miami.edu/createnewaccount.aspx
- Enter your personal data on all the required screens.
- When done submit the form.
- The Create CaneID Account screen will display to confirm successful completion.
- Record the information on that page so you will know your UM ID (C number) and other details.
- Give your First Name, Last Name, UM ID (C number), email address, and the courses you need to access, to the coordinator of your program.
The coordinator of your program will send the information to email@example.com so that an account can be created. The Blackboard Help Desk will have the account created and then notify the coordinator. THe coordinator of your program will, in turn, notify you.