· New Content Editor: The new Content Editor vastly improves the user experience for formatting text, pasting content from Microsoft Word, and adding content to all areas of Learn. Blackboard has also replaced the old math editor with a new mathML equation editor.
· Assessment Item Analysis: Now you can easily refine your assessments by evaluating the quality of each question and that question’s ability to discriminate between students who understand the material and those who do not. Ineffective questions can easily be identified and then quickly corrected with the Automatic Re-grade feature.
· My Blackboard: This feature introduces a completely new, modern user experience in Blackboard Learn that consolidates critical information from all your Courses and Organizations as well as your school-wide academic network. The new tools in My Blackboard – Profile, Posts, Updates, My Grades, and People – were developed to meet the needs of today’s active learner and enhance student engagement. For educators like you, My Blackboard allows you to easily monitor activity across your courses and organizations and rest-assured that your students are up-to-date and engaged in the online learning experience.
· New Global Navigation Menu: Always present in the top right corner, the new navigation menu is the entry point to My Blackboard and also provides one-click access to your Courses, Organizations, Settings, and Blackboard Help. Additionally, the new menu will tell you how many items in My Blackboard are new or need your attention, so you never miss a thing.
Here are a few valuable resources to familiarize yourself with the new Blackboard Learn features and be ready to integrate them in your instruction:
· On-Demand Learning Center: free access to video tutorials and getting started guides
· Feature Showcase: review all of the new features
· Help.Blackboard.com: assistance using the new Blackboard Learn platform, organized by role
· Educator Cohort: series of online meetings to familiarize educators with new features
In addition, the Instructional Advancement Center (IAC) has scheduled workshops and online training classes for faculty, instructors, and their assistants. Please click here for more information: http://www.iacmiami.org/.
If you have questions or concerns about these upcoming changes, please contact the Blackboard team at: (305) 284-3949 or firstname.lastname@example.org.